A Bit of History
Essex County NJ Republican Women was re-founded in September, 2017 (after a hiatus of 30 years) with fifteen members from diverse parts of Essex County. The original club held its inaugural luncheon at Newark’s Robert Treat Hotel in 1921. Our history includes predecessor groups and personalities such as the Essex County Colored Women’s Republican Club and Suffragist Lucy Stone.
Programs have included:
- Breakfast With Gubernatorial Candidate Kim Guadagno – Short Hills (Oct. 2017)
- Tour of Newark’s Ballantine House (Newark Museum) with curator Ulysses Dietz (Descendant of Republican President Ulysses S. Grant) – Newark (Dec. 2017)
- Communicating With Those Who Think, Feel and Believe Differently Than You Do (Americans For Prosperity – New Jersey Chapter) – Montclair (Jan. 2018)
- Education in New Jersey with Former State Commissioner Chris Cerf -Montclair (Apr. 2018)
- Intimate Lunch, Open Conversation and a Survey of Essex Municipalities at Verjus – Maplewood (Nov. 2017)
- Immigration & National Identity with Holocaust Survivor Gerda Bikales – Livingston (May 2018)
- Parade contingents in Memorial Day and Independence Day parades throughout Essex County
- Lincoln Day Dinner with Governor Chris Christie (March 2019)
- Women’s Suffrage Centennial Celebration (August 2020)
- Constitution Day Dinner with 2nd Amendment attorney Daniel Schmutter (September 2020)
- Six Weeks of Liberty – A Virtual Celebration From Memorial Day to Independence Day – County-wide
- Weekly ‘Chit Chat Club’ remote ZOOM call with friends, including ‘Lawsuits of Essex County.’
- Golf outings each June
- Monthly courses on the New Jersey & U.S. Constitutions
- Shooting sports & outdoor activities
- And more.
Registered Republican men and women can join our community as regular members (Essex County Republican Women) or associate members (non-voting, all other Republicans), using Paypal or credit card, by clicking HERE Email ECNJRW@gmail.com for more information.